The KVH lamella is longitudinally finger jointed extended structural timber. It is a natural material with excellent structural qualities achieved by strict selection of timber and subsequent correction of potential flaws. Together with other parameters, it is an ideal building material for use in the building construction industry. This applies particularly to roof structures (rafters), the construction of wooden houses, log houses and all other applications where it can replace standard structural timber with a lower utility value.
- Structural finger jointed timber according to ČSN EN 15497 of length up to 22 m.
- A beam with precise dimensions achieved by four sided planing and chamfering.
- Desiccated to a moisture content of 15±2 %.
- The timber used for manufacturing the KVH beams is spruce and, upon request, larch.
- We offer two quality levels on standard basis according to the aesthetic grading:
- NSI industrial
- Sl visual.
- Standard T14 (S10/C24) strength class; T18 (S13/C30) only upon request.
- Biological pests are removed from the material by drying.
- The planed and chamfered surface eases subsequent work (for instance, lower consumption of coating materials).
- Better fire resistance properties are achieved by chamfering of the edges (phase 3-4 mm).
- We supply the beams in four standard lengths of 6, 8, 12 and 13 m as well as other lengths upon request, which are subject to individual pricing.
- Timber flaw correction results in superior mechanical/strength properties.
- Superior dimensional stability.
- We do not force the customer to purchase only beams of standard length 13 m, but are also capable of delivering custom orders in lengths as per agreement (marked according to the list of items sent to us).
PROCESSING SPEEDThe majority of requested and standard dimensions can be processed and delivered within 14 days from the time of contract signature and fulfilment of all conditions set forth in the contract. The deadline for subsequent processing and/or coating is determined upon conclusion of the contract.
Write to us
|STANDARD DIMENSIONS OF THE KVH BEAMS||Width (mm)|
|m3 (length 13 m)/piece in the package/package dimensions width x height in cm|
|Apart from the above-stated standard dimensions, we are capable of manufacturing beams in arbitrary sizes - in widths ranging from 100 mm and heights from 120 mm.|
You need not only purchase beams in standard lengths, as we are capable of processing orders with lengths specified by agreement (according to the list of items you have sent to us)
|Basic characteristics of the KVH construction timber|
|Strength class||T14 (C24,S10)|
|Moisture of wood||15% ± 3%|
|Characteristic strength values [N/mm2]|
|bending strength||f m,k||24|
|tensile strength parallel to the fibres||f t,0,k||14|
|tensile strength perpendicular to the fibres||f t,90,k||0.4|
|compressive strength parallel to the fibres||f c,0,k||21|
|compressive strength perpendicular to the fibres||f c,90,k||5.3|
|shear strength||f v,k||2.5|
|Characteristic stiffness values [kN/mm2]|
|average value of the modulus of elasticity in parallel to the fibres||E 0,mean||11|
|5% quantile of the modulus of elasticity perpendicular to the fibres||E 0.05||7.4|
|average value of the modulus of elasticity perpendicular to the fibres||E 90,mean||0.37|
|average value of the shear modulus of elasticity||G mean||0.69|
KVH is an ideal building material for use in the building construction industry. It is used mainly for construction of wooden buildings, roof structures (rafters), components of log houses and all other uses, where it may replace standard construction timber with a lower utility value.